Sunday, March 27, 2011

Updated software review - notes

In the software industry, as you might expect, we use a lot of software. Here is my cursory review of software I used recently.

- Git (8/10) - the distributed source control tool - Not bad, looks useful, I have only done a couple of commits with it. From a cursory review, it looks like it would be useful for making commits locally without a need for some remote server system (like with subversion)

- Eclipse LaTex Plugin (7/10) - works, doesn't crash, does what I need it to.

- Eclipse Scala Plugin IDE (7/1) - works, crashes sometimes. I have a need for Scala development and this one of a handful of syntax highlighters

- Notepad++ (10/10) - Awesome software. It highlights Haskell, nice.

- Leksah (??/10) - So far, I haven't got into it. I don't like the GTK looks but it is a developer tool so it doesn't matter. I hope it does what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment